The 40 Best Bumble Openers to Use on Guys
Want to send the best Bumble openers that effectively start conversations with guys?
Whether you’re looking to write your own original openers, or if you just want examples of good Bumble openers to copy and paste into your messages, this article is for you.
On Bumble, women take control and send the first message to a new match.
That gives you one opportunity to catch a guy’s attention with a great opening line.
But writing a good opener for Bumble is really hard.
Fortunately, we have a long list of effective openers you can choose from. Go ahead and send one to your next match to get him interested.
And if you’re looking to write your own original openers to use on guys, then read on below to see our best tips and tricks for crafting winning opening lines from scratch.
So, without further ado, here’s our list of the 40 best Bumble openers to use on guys.
1. “Choose one: exploring new places, trying new foods, or traveling the world?”
2. “I have a theory that you and I could be the perfect duo, like peanut butter and jelly. What flavor jelly should we be?”
3. “They say the best conversations happen when you least expect them. How much did you expect to match with me today?”
4. “Your profile caught my attention like a touchdown in the final seconds. Just wow.”
5. “On a scale of 1-10, what are the odds you’ll be able to keep up with my witty banter and spontaneous adventures?”
6. “What 5 emojis should I know about your personality off the bat?”
7. “On a scale of small talk to pillow talk, how would you like our first date to go?”
8. “They say timing is everything, and I believe we matched at a great time, wouldn’t you say?”
9. “They say a picture is worth a thousand words, but yours left me speechless and curious to know the guy behind it.”
10. “If you were a superhero, what would your superpower be?”
11. “I couldn’t help but notice your smile shining through your pictures. Mind if I join in with a smile of my own?”
12. “I have a feeling that getting to know you would be like unwrapping a present full of surprises.”
13. “If you were a song, you’d be the melody I’d never get tired of hearing. You ready to create some harmonies together?”
14. “If life were a novel, you’d be the character I’d never want to close the book on.”
15. “I have a sneaking suspicion that our conversation could be the plot twist that turns this cringe app something worthwhile. Care to prove me right?”
16. “If you were a dessert, you’d be a sweet combination of cute, intrigue, and a sprinkle of quirkiness. Mind if I have a taste?”
17. “I don’t usually make the first move, but your profile gave me a rush of confidence.”
18. “They say life is short, but matching with you just made stand still for a second. Hi cutie.”
19. “If you were a coffee, you’d be the kind that I’d savor slowly, appreciating every sip. Promise I won’t roast you too bad with my sarcasm.”
20. “They say opposites attract, but I have a feeling our similarities could attract even more. Care to prove the haters wrong?”
21. “If your profile were a book, it’d be the one I’d recommend to all my friends. But for now, I’d rather become part of your story.”
22. “If your profile were a movie, it’d be the one I’d watch on repeat. Where’s that cute photo of you from?”
23. “They say the best things in life happen unexpectedly. Like us matching, wouldn’t you say?”
24. “Reply within 24 hours if you’re ready for a partner who can match your wit and make you laugh even on the toughest days.”
25. “I have a feeling that our chemistry would be like fireworks on the 4th of July. But without the toxic pollution that follows.”
26. “If you were a board game, I feel like you’d be the one I’d never get tired of playing and would always learn something new about each time.”
27. “They say laughter is the best medicine, and I’m here to write you a prescription. What dosage are you up for?”
28. “Imagine this: a partner who will support your dreams, make you laugh, and be your biggest cheerleader. Yay or nay?”
29. “If you were a travel destination, you’d be the one I’d choose for a spontaneous getaway. And then stay a few extra days. Hubba hubba!”
30. “I must confess, your profile made me pause my swiping spree. Let’s see if your next message can live up to the hype.”
31. “Choose one: small talk or deep talk?”
32. “If you were a quote, you’d be the one that inspires me to be a better person every day. Care to be my daily motivation?”
33. “I have a feeling that getting to know you would be like finding a rare gem in a sea of pebbles. Hopefully I don’t step on it barefoot.”
34. “Ready for someone who will bring out the best in you, challenge you, and make you laugh until your cheeks hurt?”
35. “If Bumble were a recipe, you’d be the secret ingredient that just added a touch of magic to my swiping today.”
36. “If your life were a recipe, what ingredients would it have?”
37. “I couldn’t help but notice your contagious smile. Where’d you get it?”
38. “They say life is too short for mediocre connections. So let’s make ours count.”
39. “If you could be invisible tomorrow, what would you spend your day doing?”
40. “Your profile is awesome, and I’m already happy we matched. It feels overdo.”
What Makes for a Good Bumble Opener?
The Importance of Your Opening Line on Bumble
When using Bumble, your opening line is the most important thing you’ll do in starting a conversation with a match.
As a woman, you have the advantage of starting the conversation, and a strong opener motivates your match to reply to you with interest.
The best Bumble openers increase your chances of making a connection with your match and potentially leading to a successful first date.
Qualities of an Effective Bumble Opener
Here are our tips for writing your own openers to send to guys on Bumble:
Avoid cliché pickup lines or boring small talk. Be creative and use an opener that will grab your match’s attention by showing them something he’s never read before.
Personalize your opener
Show your match that you’ve taken the time to read their profile by incorporating his interests or something you have in common.
Humor is attractive, and a witty or funny opener can help break the ice and make the conversation more enjoyable, increasing your chances of getting a reply.
A confident message is more likely to get a response, and being confident on Bumble is especially important as a woman. Be bold and assertive while still being respectful.
What Guys Want in an Opener From a Woman on Bumble
Men appreciate it when women send thoughtful and engaging openers.
Here’s what they’ll be looking for from your opening line:
Ideally, mention something from his profile to show that you’re genuinely interested in him and not just sending generic messages.
Easy to respond to
Make your opener simple to respond to so he can respond quickly and effortlessly.
Compliment your match on his appearance, interests, or accomplishments to boost his confidence and make him feel appreciated and attractive.
Includes a question
Encourage your match to share more about himself by asking open-ended questions related to his profile or interests.
Best Types of Bumble Openers to Use on Guys
There are many types of openers you can send to guys on Bumble.
Let’s see which one is best for you.
Injecting humor into your opening message can be a fantastic way to grab a guy’s attention.
Use a joke that resonates with your personality and seems to align with his vibe from his profile, so your conversation feels natural and genuine.
Visuals can enhance your Bumble opener and convey your message in a more engaging way.
Capitalize on the fun and engaging nature of GIFs to start your conversation on Bumble.
Send a GIF of someone waving or knocking on the screen, send a GIF of a popular character giving a thumbs up or a “you’re awesome” sign to give your match a compliment, or find images of famous actors or characters with a puzzled expression or thinking face when asking your match a question.
Compliments and Questions
A good way to start a conversation with a guy on Bumble is by giving him a genuine compliment based on his profile or by asking a question about something mentioned in his bio.
For example, if he has photos of himself traveling, you could say: “Your travel photos are amazing! What has been your favorite place you’ve visited so far?”
Another creative way to personalize your Bumble opener to a match is by using emojis that relate to his interests or hobbies as shown in his profile.
This can make your message more playful and eye-catching.
For example, if he mentions being a dog lover, you could start your message with a dog emoji and say “I see you’re a fellow dog-lover! What’s the story behind your adorable pup?”
If his profile shows a love of hiking, then send a mountain emoji and say something like “Looks like you’re quite the hiker! What’s the most challenging trail you’ve conquered?”
Remember to keep your tone confident and clear while using emojis to make your Bumble opener more engaging. Don’t rely on the emoji to do all of the work for you. Your words are what really matter.
Best Conversation Starters to Use on Guys on Bumble
The best Bumble openers to use on guys are those that effectively start conversation.
So it’s often a good idea to use a go-to conversation starter as your opener.
“Would You Rather” Openers
When starting a conversation on Bumble, using “Would you rather…” questions can be an great way to get to know someone better and increase your odds of getting a response.
These openers allow you to learn more about your match’s preferences while also sparking some light-hearted and fun conversation.
Here are a few example openers to try on guys:
“Would you rather travel back in time or into the future?”
“Would you rather have the power of invisibility or teleportation?”
“Would you rather spend a day at the beach or in the mountains?”
Remember, the goal is to start a conversation, so choose questions that you feel will do the best job of sparking further chat about your match’s interests and experiences.
“Two Truths and a Lie” Openers
Another fantastic Bumble conversation starter is the game Two Truths and a Lie.
This game encourages honesty and playfulness, requiring your match to guess which of three statement is the false one.
Here are some example “two truths and a lie” messages to get you started:
“I’ve been to over 20 countries, I once met a famous actor, and I can speak three languages.”
“I have a black belt in karate, I’ve never tried sushi, and I love camping.”
“I used to play in a band, I’m allergic to cats, and I’ve run a marathon.”
Craft each statement to reflect your personality and experiences, giving your match a chance to learn more about you while also having fun trying to decipher the lie.
This engaging opener can lead to further conversation and a deeper connection with your Bumble match.
Frequently Asked Questions About Bumble Openers
What are some effective Bumble openers to use on guys?
On Bumble, guys appreciate messages that show genuine interest, creativity, and effort.
In your opener, try referring to something in a guy’s profile or photos that caught your attention.
For example, you could say, “Your hiking picture looks amazing! What’s your favorite trail?”
This shows you took the time to look at their profile and want to have a conversation about their interests.
Which Bumble openers generate the best responses from guys?
The best Bumble openers to use on guys tend to be witty, engaging, and unique.
Asking open-ended questions or using humor make guys more likely to respond.
How can I create a funny opener for my Bumble conversation?
Creating a funny opener can be as simple as using a clever pun or starting with a witty icebreaker.
Look for natural opportunities for humor in the person’s profile or pictures, or use one of the example openers listed above and copy and paste one of those.
What are some interesting Bumble opening questions?
Interesting Bumble opening questions might revolve around personal experiences, opinions, or unusual hypothetical situations.
For instance, you could ask, “If you could choose one celebrity to be stuck on a deserted island with, who would you pick and why?”
Creative questions like these can be entertaining and lead to fun conversation.
What are some cute first messages to send on Bumble?
Cute first messages often combine sincerity with lightheartedness.
Compliment a specific aspect of a guy’s profile or one of his pictures, or use a gentle tease to spark a playful conversation.
For example, “Your dog is adorable! Can you pass on a belly rub for me?”
Want Help Creating a Great Bumble Profile?
We at The Match Lab have spent years studying the science of how to write good Bumble bios and prompts and how to select the right photos you should use in a Bumble profile.
After years of research, we have developed a dating photo analyzer that uses an algorithm to select any person’s best photos for Bumble, or any other dating app. Just upload some photos of yourself, and our algorithm will reveal which photos you should be using in your Bumble profile and the ideal order they should go in.
We also offer professional dating profile writing services. Our professional Bumble profile writer can write your Bumble bio and prompts for you and help your profile stand out from the crowd.
Get started now, or learn more about us on our website, so you can start getting more likes and better matches on Bumble.