40 Funny Hinge Prompt Answers (for Guys & Women)
Prompts are a key part of your profile on Hinge.
The best Hinge prompts are those that make a potential match laugh.
That’s because humor is one of the most attractive traits people look for in a partner.
A good sense of humor is sexy on Hinge, so let your prompts boost your appeal for you through laughter.
Now, let’s face it — writing funny responses to Hinge prompts is tough.
It’s hard enough to even know which prompts to use in your profile.
That’s why we’ve put together a list of 40 funny Hinge prompt answers.
40 Funny Hinge Prompt Answers
1. Together we could … train my cat to do stand-up comedy. Trust me, he’s got some killer material.
2. Two truths and a lie … I can balance a spoon on my nose, I unintentionally photobombed a stranger’s wedding photos, I can beat any squirrel in a staring contest.
3. My simple pleasures … seeing my cat jump across the room and nail the landing, with a look of surprise on his face.
4. Two truths and a lie … I’ve been the official taste-tester for a ketchup company, I’m a former US presidents’ distant cousin, I taught to teach my pet goldfish to do tricks.
5. Together we could … take our puppies on playdates and watch them make better choices than we do.
6. Two truths and a lie … I can recite the alphabet backward in 5 seconds, I’ve accidentally walked into the wrong house and made myself a sandwich, I speak 3 languages.
7. My simple pleasures … watching dogs try to catch their tails.
8. Two truths and a lie … I’ve won a competitive rock-paper-scissors tournament, I can recite pi to 100 decimal places, I’ve performed as a human statue on the streets of Europe.
9. Best travel story … I tried to impress a penguin by doing the moonwalk on an Antarctic expedition. Safe to say, the penguin was not amused.
10. Together we could … create our own language that only we understand, for those awkward family gatherings.
11. The dorkiest thing about me is … my obsession with solving crossword puzzles in ink. It’s a high-stakes word game.
12. Best travel story … trying to impress a group of kangaroos in Australia with my hopping skills. I think they were just hopping mad.
13. The dorkiest thing about me is … my habit of naming inanimate objects, like my car (Bertha) and my coffee maker (Java the Hut).
14. Two truths and a lie … I’ve perfected the art of walking on my hands, I was once a professional juggler, I secretly love Justin Bieber’s music.
15. My simple pleasures … successfully opening a jar of pickles without seeking help from a neighbor or a sledgehammer.
16. The dorkiest thing about me is … I have an ever-growing collection of vintage typewriters that I actually use.
17. Together we could … try to find the first date spot with the least probability of running into someone we know.
18. Dating me is like … trying to fold a fitted sheet – it’s complicated at first, but once you figure it out, it’s surprisingly satisfying.
19. Typical Sunday … mistaking my sneakers for hiking boots, attempting a hike that inevitably feels way harder than its AllTrails rating, then recovering with a hot bath.
20. Two truths and a lie … I once got stuck in an elevator, I’ve been mistaken for the same celebrity on three separate occasions, I’ve won a marshmallow-eating contest.
21. Best travel story … zip-lining through the rainforest during a family vacation in Costa Rica, despite being afraid of heights.
22. Typical Sunday … you can find me in a fierce battle with my cat for control of the TV remote. Spoiler alert: I usually lose.
23. Two truths and a lie … I’ve won a chili cook-off, I’ve never broken a bone, and I was once a backup dancer for a famous pop star.
24. Typical Sunday … Morning: I convince myself I’m going to run a marathon. Evening: I reward myself with a pizza marathon.
25. First round is on me if … you can convince the bartender to create a cocktail named after our first date story.
26. Typical Sunday … usually starts with me pretending to be a gourmet chef in the kitchen, but somehow ends up looking like a Pinterest fail.
27. First round is on me if … you can tolerate my mediocre DIY projects without resorting to calling the professionals.
28. Dating me is like … trying to assemble IKEA furniture without the instructions.
29. Weirdest gift I’ve given or received … a plant with an eviction notice. I thought it needed some motivation to grow.
30. First round is on me if … you can recite the entire ‘Fresh Prince of Bel-Air’ theme song without missing a beat.
31. My simple pleasures … sampling the spiciest dish at every restaurant I visit (and usually regretting it later).
32. Best travel story … I once took a ‘shortcut’ through a vineyard in Italy and ended up in a grape-stomping contest.
33. My most irrational fear … accidentally sending a text meant for a friend to my boss. The day that happens, I’m becoming a hermit.
34. My simple pleasures … when my dog sneezes or licks my face – anything that’d be gross from another human, I love from him.
35. My dream dinner guest … would be the inventor of the snooze button. I want to shake their hand and thank them for their genius.
36. Dating me is like … a road trip through Alaska, using a curious GPS that randomly takes you on scenic detours.
37. I’m overly competitive about … solving jigsaw puzzles. It’s not just about finishing; it’s about making sure every piece feels loved and needed.
38. Two truths and a lie … I can speak four languages, I have a tattoo of a unicorn, and I’ve bungee jumped off the Eiffel Tower.
39. First round is on me if … you can convince the bartender to create a cocktail named after our first date story.
40. My ideal fake sick day … constructing an elaborate pillow fort, binge-watching all the Marvel movies, and making pancakes in my pajamas.
The Value of Hinge Prompts
Hinge is a great dating app that sets itself apart by focusing on facilitating genuine connections between compatible singles.
The app is all about helping users start up meaningful conversations with each other.
To achieve this, Hinge profiles are thoughtfully designed to allow each user to share some information about themselves through a series of three prompts.
These prompts are intended to serve as conversation starters and icebreakers, helping you and potential matches engage in more interesting and personal chats.
When creating a Hinge profile, you’ll be asked to choose and answer three prompts from a massive list of possible prompts.
The aim of your prompt answers is not just to spark conversation but also to give other people a glimpse into your personality, interests, and values.
So, you’ll want to be honest and authentic with your responses, while also adding a touch of humor and creativity can make your profile stand out.
For each prompt, you’ll write a brief answer: a maximum of 150 characters.
On Hinge, photos matter too:
On Hinge, your photos matter a lot.
Without good profile pictures, you won’t do very well on the app — no matter how funny your prompts are.
So, before even thinking about your prompts, make sure you’re using your very best photos in your profile.
To do that, you can use our dating photo analyzer.
Just upload a variety of photos of yourself, and you’ll find out which photos are your best six to use in your Hinge profile.
The Importance of Humor in Hinge Prompts
On Hinge, humor is king.
Funny is attractive.
Funny prompt answers mean getting more likes and matching with people who will be excited to chat with you.
A witty response not only grabs the attention of potential matches but also leaves a lasting impression and paints your personality in a positive light.
Integrating a sense of humor into your Hinge profile shows that you’re approachable and fun to be around.
Good Hinge prompts often tell stories about your personal life experiences.
When you share funny stories about yourself and your everyday observations, it tells potential matches that you’d be a fun person to spend time with.
A lighthearted approach to life is also just a great trait.
Not taking yourself too seriously is an attractive quality that people often look for in a partner.
When you express yourself with self-deprecating humor, it indicates your humility and ability to laugh at yourself.
Balancing Humor and Sincerity in Prompt Answers
While you want your Hinge prompt answers to be funny, you don’t want that humor to come at the expense of sincerity.
That’s why it’s vital to strike a balance between using humor and maintaining a genuine tone in your writing, especially if you’re seeking a serious relationship.
To achieve a good balance between humor and sincerity, try combining funny stories from your life with genuine insights about your personality.
For example, sharing a quirky fear or a unique talent can inject humor into your profile, while also revealing your true self.
You can also incorporate your values into a prompt response. Instead of simply listing your beliefs, find a creative way to demonstrate them through a funny scenario or comparison.
You should seek to make your prompt answers funny in ways that speak to your personality, interests, and values.
Referencing Common Interests in a Funny Manner
When it comes to coming up funny Hinge prompt ideas, you can really showcase your humor by referencing common interests people have with a twist.
Here’s how you can do that, while keeping your answers relatable and engaging.
Think about popular interests like playing the guitar.
Instead of just saying plainly that you love playing guitar, you can write a prompt answer like:
My greatest strength … My guitar skills are like a fine wine – they’ve aged well, but you might need a few sips before truly appreciating them.
This kind of response highlights your interest in guitar while also adding a witty touch and creative language. The use of metaphor makes it pop and evoke an emotional reaction in a potential match.
The same can be done for a travel story.
Instead of saying that your best travel story is “Seeing llamas in Peru,” you can write something like this:
Best travel story … a surprise encounter with a llama, my precious bag of trail mix, and a scenic Peruvian mountainside. Spoiler alert – the llama won.
If you’re a classic video game enthusiast, you could craft a prompt answer like:
I’m convinced that … Life is like a game of Mario Kart – sometimes you’re cruising along in first place, and other times you’re getting hit by a blue shell out of nowhere.
Mario Kart is a popular pastime for many, so why not add it to your profile in a fun way?
Karaoke is a popular interest, so share your favorite go-to karaoke song in a funny way.
The dorkiest thing about me is … My go-to karaoke song is ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ – I’m not afraid to try 6 minutes of vocal gymnastics and face judgment from fellow bar-goers.
Have a Professional Dating Profile Writer Answer Your Hinge Prompts for You
Want a professional dating profile writer to select three Hinge prompts for your profile and write your prompt answers for you?
Check out our dating profile writing service and select the Hinge app icon to get started.
And for help selecting your best six photos for Hinge, try our dating photo analyzer.
Just upload some photos of yourself, and our algorithm will reveal which photos you should be using in your Hinge profile and the ideal order they should go in.